As of 1 July 2022 following the implementation of legislative changes Herefordshire and Worcestershire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group ceased to exist and has been replaced by NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Integrated Care Board to be known locally as NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire has assumed all the functions of the former Clinical Commissioning Group and we will be appropriately amending our information and advice guides in due course. However the contact details contained in our information and advice guides remain the same.
You can find out more about NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire by visiting https://herefordshireandworcestershire.icb.nhs.uk/
Healthwatch Worcestershire (HWW) Governance Complaints Policy
Purpose of this document
Individuals and organisations have the right to express their views about HWW’s performance and the manner in which it discharges its responsibilities.
Anyone directly affected by the way in which HWW has carried out its functions may make a complaint under its Complaints Policy.
We will treat both concerns and complaints in the same way.
We will review this policy on a regular basis.
How to raise a concern or make a complaint about HWW
1. In the first instance we would encourage you to raise a concern, or complaint, or to provide feedback on our service informally. Providing information or correcting misunderstandings or misconceptions at this stage may enable the issue to be successfully resolved. You should ask to speak to our Managing Director.
2. If the concern or complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, then you should notify us via email or letter addressed to the Managing Director of HWW.
3. HWW will acknowledge the concern/complaint in writing (or in the complainant’s preferred method of communication) within 5 working days.
4. Attempts to resolve the concern/complaint will be completed within 20 working days of establishing the nature of the concern/complaint. Exceptionally, if further time is needed, where possible this will be agreed with you.
5. The Managing Director (MD) of HWW will review all concerns/complaints, unless the matter refers to the MD (see paragraph 6). If you are not happy with the outcome you will be able to appeal. The concern/complaint will then be reviewed by HWW Board members who have not previously been involved in the matter. Once the appeal process has been completed the concern/complaint will be closed.
6. Any concern/complaint relating to the Managing Director or member of the Board of HWW should be raised with the Chair:
Queen Elizabeth Drive,
Tel 07484 922857
7. Concern/complaints relating to the Chair should initially be raised with the Managing Director who will liaise with the other Board Directors:
Queen Elizabeth Drive,
Tel: 01386 550264
REVIEW BY: 01/04/2022