Advice and Information

We provide advice, information and signposting about accessing health and social care services. Please click organisational titles to go to their website. If you need help understanding the right organisation to support you please Contact us.

Healthwatch Worcestershire wants to hear your experience of publically funded social care services. Tell Us About Services

Find Social Care Services

Worcestershire County Council – Adult Social Care

Responsible for providing information and advice for people about how to stay well and independent, preventing needs arising, enabling self-care, assessing people’s needs for adult social care, arranging services for eligible individuals, and the quality of services.

Worcestershire Care Services Directory 2024

Information about Adult Social Care, including listings of Home Care Providers and Care and Nursing Homes in Worcestershire.

What to expect during assessment and care planning – A quick guide for people using adult social care services

A brief guide produced by Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) and National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)

Worcestershire County Council – Children’s Social Care

Responsible for providing information, advice and a wide range of services for children, young people and their families. This includes services for children and young people who may have a disability or mental health issue or who are vulnerable.

Making a Complaint

Healthwatch Worcestershire Social Care Complaints Guide

Healthwatch Worcestershire Easy Read Complaints Guide

Healthwatch Worcestershire Large Print Social Care Complaints Guide

Our complaints guides give you the information and contact details that you need to make a complaint about publicly funded social care services in Worcestershire.

Healthwatch England, the national support body for local Healthwatch, have worked with Citizens Advice to produce information that helps people to complain. You can find “do’s and don’ts”, checklists and template letters and other useful information.

Advocacy Services

  • Onside – Care Act advocacy – for people who would have substantial difficulty in having a say in their care and support and who have no one else to support them. This includes support with needs or carers assessment, preparation and review of care and support plans and safeguarding issues.
  • Onside – Advocacy for Parents – support for parents involved in legal and child protection processes
  • National Youth Advocacy Service – offer information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children, young people and vulnerable adults

The Care Quality Commission  (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. They monitor, regulate and inspect health and social care services to make sure they meet the quality and safety needs of people.

Duty of Candour is a legal duty to be open and honest with service users or their families when something has gone wrong which appeared to have caused or could lead to significant harm in the future. It applies to all social care organisations which are registered with the Care Quality Commission in England.

Planning, Buying and Monitoring Social Care Services

Worcestershire County Council

Worcestershire County Council commissions (pays for) a wide range of social care services. Services may be provided by the Council, private companies or by voluntary and community sector organisations. You can provide feedback about the quality of adult social care services paid for by the Council by emailing